Spring is here – and with it the allergies. When the flowers and grasses sprout, it’s not every cause for joy. Because in spring pollen also flies through the air and makes life difficult for allergy sufferers – more than 50% of hay fever patients only have the symptoms or first of all in the eye. They have to deal with reddened, burning, itchy or even puffy eyes.
We have compiled important tips for you on how to declare war on the curse of pollen and get through spring without annoying discomfort.
Identification of the cause
- So simple, and yet the first thing that needs to be pointed out: identify the cause of your allergy and try as best as possible to reduce or completely avoid any contact.
Wash your hands
- Regular hand washing should not be underestimated. This will prevent pollen residues from getting into your eyes through your hands. Also, try to wash your hair every night. This prevents pollen from getting on your pillow and thus in your eyes.
- Use anti-allergic eye drops. The eye drops contain antihistamines to prevent the irritant histamine from being released into the eyes, which is the cause of your symptoms.
- A lot helps a lot: put on large sunglasses to protect your eyes and keep the pollen out. Also, clean your glasses every day, because even small particles can trigger an allergic reaction.
Don’t forget to ventilate
- Only ventilate your apartment at certain times of the day. If you live in the country, you should ventilate between 7:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. In the city, we recommend the period between 6:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. At this time of day the concentration of pollen in the air is lowest.
- For a long-term solution, there is the possibility of desensitization, whereby the allergy sufferer receives regular vaccinations for about three years. The immune system should get used to the allergy-causing substances and thus alleviate the allergic reaction. However, an individual opinion should be drawn up by your doctor before treatment.
The EuroEyes Clinic Group is a globally successful company that was founded over 25 years ago in Hamburg and has its headquarters there to this day. In addition to locations throughout Germany, EuroEyes is also represented in China and Denmark. The clinic offers patients the entire spectrum of refractive surgery for the correction of ametropia. With the most modern eye laser and lens surgery procedures EuroEyes treats over 25,000 patients with myopia or farsightedness , astigmatism , presbyopia or cataracts every year . The interventions enable the start of a life free of glasses and contact lenses without impairment of vision and quality of vision.
Are you also interested in a treatment at EuroEyes or would you like to find out more about us? Then please contact our service center or fill in our contact form. We look forward to seeing you!
+49 40 348 09 29 0 – service center in Germany (English, German and Chinese)
Monday to Friday: 08:00 – 19:00
Saturday: 09:00 – 14:00